The situation on the map
Cover image: LAURENT VAN DER STOCKT FOR “THE WORLD”
Contributions to this live stream are open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fighting is raging in Lyssytchansk, in the Luhansk region, one of the two provinces of Donbass, which Moscow intends to fully control. ” Forces [russes] arrived at the gates of Lysytchansk. The Ukrainian army suffers heavy losses »wrote the Russian Ministry of Defense in a press release on Friday. “It bombards day and night”testified, in Siversk, about twenty kilometers from Lyssytchank, a resident.
- At least twenty-one people, including a 12-year-old boy, were killed in strikeson Friday before dawn, strategic bombers on buildings in the Odessa region in southern Ukraine, kyiv said on Friday, a new act of “terror” Russian, according to President Volodymyr Zelensky.
- Also on Friday, the governor of the Mykolaiv region, Vitali Kim, reported the firing of twelve missiles by Russian forces against this area of southern Ukraine. He did not give a report.
- The Ukrainian army claimed, with video support, that the Russian army had bombarded Serpents’ Island twice on Friday evening with phosphorus bombseven though she had assured Thursday to withdraw from it in “sign of good will” and not driven out by Ukrainian strikes.
- The United States on Friday listed a new military contribution of $820 million to Ukraineincluding missiles, shells and Norwegian Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile System equipment (or Nasams, for Norwegian Advanced Surface to Air Missile System), which will make it possible to fight against Russian aviation, including drones, as well as against cruise missiles.
- Ukraine asked Turkey to intercept a 140-meter-long Russian cargo ship left the port of Berdiansk, in the occupied zone, and which it suspects of transporting thousands of tons of grain stolen by the Russians.
- On the diplomatic front, European Commission President Ursula van der Leyen, speaking via video on Friday to the Ukrainian parliament, called on it to speed up its anti-corruption reforms, as part of its candidacy for the European Union accepted last week by the leaders of the 27 Member States of the Union.
Find our live from yesterday here.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Decryptions. With the invasion of Ukraine, the accelerated vassalization of Belarus by Russia
Testimonials. Russian and Ukrainian exiles in France: “ Nostalgia weighs on me so much that I have to go back to Odessa”
Decryptions. On the front, the artillerymen of the two camps indulge in a game of cat and mouse
Narrative. NATO-Russia: the return to the logic of the cold war
Portrait. Kirill Serebrennikov, the shadows of a Russian designer in full light
Chat. “The support of Boris Johnson and his government in Kyiv is sincere and unambiguous”
Factual. Showdown between Moscow and Oslo around the Arctic archipelago of Svalbard
Debates. On the war in Ukraine, the countries of the South refuse to align themselves with the Western position