War in Ukraine live: the Kherson region in the south of the country, the target of 42 bombings in recent days
Cover image: GENYA SAVILOV / AFP
- The Kherson region in the south of the country has been the target of 42 bombardments in recent days. According to British intelligence, one of the most intense bombing campaigns of the conflict has probably taken place in recent days on the west bank of the Dnieper, where the city of Kherson is located. Local authorities report attacks that have hit homes and killed at least one person.
- Ukraine’s prime minister confirmed on Tuesday the holding of a Ukraine-European Union summit on Friday in Kyivi.e. one day after “intergovernmental consultations” between Kyiv and the European Commission which will take place for the first time in our history.
- France to supply 12 additional Caesar guns to kyiv. These medium-range guns, in addition to the eighteen already delivered by France and the nineteen promised by Denmark, will be “financed as part of the support fund of 200 million euros”announced the French Minister of the Armed Forces.
- Ukraine will receive 120-140 Western tanks during a “first wave” deliveries from a coalition of twelve countries. Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said these tanks would include the German-made Leopard 2, the British Challenger 2 and the American Abrams, and that Ukraine also had ” really “ on the supply of French Leclerc tanks.
- Russia claimed responsibility for capturing the village of Blahodatne, north of Bakhmout, on Tuesday., in eastern Ukraine, where its army has been making slow progress for several weeks. Evgueni Prigojine, head of the Wagner Group, had claimed on Saturday the capture of Blahodatne by his men, which kyiv had denied.
Find our live yesterday by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Testimonials. “Ukraine is today the most mined country in the world. It is said that it will take five years to clear all the territory after the victory”
Factual. In 2022, wind and solar produced more electricity than gas or coal in the European Union
Chronic. “In Ukraine, corruption can undermine the confidence of allies and awaken divisions in the country”
Decryptions. Arms deliveries to Ukraine: several opposition parties call for a debate
To analyse. For some allies of kyiv, the delivery of fighter jets “is no longer a taboo”
Factual. Boris Johnson says Vladimir Putin ‘threatened’ him before Ukraine war started, Kremlin denies
Factual. The answers of the “World” to your most frequently asked questions