War in Ukraine live: the deadly Russian strike on a Dnipro clinic constitutes “war crimes”, condemns Paris
Cover image: VITALII MATOKHA / AFP
- At least two people were killed, thirty injured in the bombardment carried out by the Russian armed forces on a clinic in Dnipro (Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Ukraine) on Friday. A ” crime against humanity “, for Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, a “flagrant violation of international humanitarian law”condemned France.
- Russia reported on Friday, for the fifth day in a row, Ukrainian shelling in the Russian oblast of Belgorod, on the border between Ukraine and Russiaas well as a drone strike in Krasnodar, 200 kilometers from Crimea.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky took advantage of the visit to kyiv on Friday by US Senator Lindsey Graham to ask for long-range weapons. The elected Republican said he would encourage his Senate colleagues and the Biden administration to provide Kiev with the ATACMS weapons system, with a range of about 300 kilometers, which Washington is currently refusing to send .
- Vladimir Putin said to himself on Friday “totally surprised” by the demonstrations that took place in Georgia against the Kremlin last week. Dozens of Georgians had demonstrated outside an airport in the capital Tbilisi when a Russian airliner landed in this former Soviet republic for the first time since 2019. Russia fought a brief but bloody war in 2008 against Georgia, and anti-Russian sentiment runs deep there.
- Russia suffered a setback on Friday when it failed to block Ukraine’s entry into the executive board of the World Health Organization (WHO)which also saw the arrival of North Korea.
- Brazilian President Lula declines an invitation to visit Saint Petersburg, during a telephone conversation with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putinafter his missed meeting with the Ukrainian head of state, Volodymyr Zelensky, at the G7 summit.
- The head of Russian diplomacy, Sergei Lavrov, said he saw Friday from “serious obstacles” seeking a peaceful solution in Ukrainereceiving the Chinese emissary Li Hui in Moscow.
Find our direct from yesterday by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Narrative. In Belarus, a generalized climate of terror
Reporting. On the Côte d’Azur, the great escape of the Ukrainian oligarchs
Factual. Russian nuclear weapons announced in Belarus, a step in the strategy of intimidation aimed at Ukraine and its allies
Interview. Jean-Arnault Dérens, historian: “In Ukraine, as in the former Yugoslavia, international justice should not be justice for the victors”
Factual. The multiplication of Ukrainian attacks on Russian soil tenses the United States and kyiv’s allies
Interview. Gitanas Nauseda, President of Lithuania: “Before discussing peace, Ukraine must regain sovereignty over its territory”
Decryptions. Why is the UK at the forefront of aid to Ukraine?
Factual. The European Political Community, a club of a new kind born from the war in Ukraine, is looking for its way
Factual. The answers of the “World” to your most frequently asked questions