War in Ukraine live: kyiv launches a program to export its cereals to countries affected by the food crisis
Cover image: Efrem Lukatsky/AP
- In Dnipro, in central Ukraine, a Russian bombardment left at least thirteen injuredincluding a 17-year-old boy, on Saturday, according to regional governor Valentin Reznitchenko.
- At least thirty-two people have been killed in Russian shelling of the Kherson region in southern Ukrainesince the withdrawal of pro-Moscow forces two weeks ago, local police chief Ihor Klymenko said on Saturday.
- Several European leaders traveled to kyiv on Saturday for the Holodomor commemorations, the great famine voluntarily provoked in the 1930s by the Stalinist regime and considered as a “genocide” by Kyiv. Were present in particular Alexander De Croo, Mateusz Morawiecki and Ingrida Simonyte, the Belgian, Polish and Lithuanian prime ministers.
- Volodymyr Zelensky has announced the launch of a program called “Grain of Ukraine” to subsidize grain exports to poor countries. ” We plan to send at least sixty ships from Ukrainian ports to the countries most affected by the food crisis and in need of urgent assistance”explained the Ukrainian president, who revealed that he had collected 150 million dollars (about 144 million euros) thanks to the help of more than twenty countries, including France.
- On the front, prisoner exchanges between Russia and Ukraine continued on Saturday, with the release of twelve people for kyiv. Moscow announced that it had recovered nine of its men.
Find our direct from yesterday by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Testimonials. In Ukraine, five women tell their daily life with little electricity and heating: “Soon will come the cold, maybe the snow. What will we do ? »
Reportage. In Bakhmout, the wide open eyes of drones in the butchery of war
Video. The images of mothers and wives of Russian soldiers questioning Vladimir Putin on the fate of their loved ones
Narrative. After nine months of war in Ukraine, Russian forces are on the defensive
Factual. Nine months of war in Ukraine in one map: how much territory did Russia invade and then cede?
Factual. The responses of ” World “ to your most frequently asked questions