War in Ukraine, live: deadly Russian strike on Sloviansk; the city of Avdiivka evacuates its municipal employees
Cover image: LIBKOS / AP
- “The EU is ready to adopt new sanctions” against Belarus if this country deployed Russian nuclear weapons on its territory, warned, Sunday March 26, the head of European diplomacy, Josep Borrell. ” Belarus’ hosting of Russian nuclear weapons would be an irresponsible escalation and a threat to European security.”, also said Mr. Borrell on Twitter.
- “Russia’s nuclear rhetoric is dangerous and irresponsible”says the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. “We are monitoring the situation closely”Alliance spokeswoman Oana Lungescu added on Sunday.
- Ukraine calls for an urgent meeting of the UN Security Council. kyiv urges Westerners and China to end the “nuclear blackmail” of Russia.
- Berlin denounces “nuclear bullying” from Moscow. The German government deplored a “new attempt at nuclear intimidation” from Russia.
- Washington has no “no indication” that Moscow transferred nuclear weapons to Belarus, or even that Russian President Vladimir Putin is preparing to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine, however, a senior US official said on Sunday.
Find our direct from yesterday by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Factual. In Brussels, China monopolized the discussions between the Twenty-Seven
Interview. Espionage: “Intelligence works in cycles”, observes Philippe Hayez, former deputy director at the DGSE
Investigation. The return to grace of Poland, collateral effect of the war in Ukraine
Grandstand. “The mass deportations of Ukrainian children reveal an attempt to eradicate the future of Ukraine”
Reporting. In Georgia, the struggle for influence between Russia and the European Union
Factual. The answers of the “World” to your most frequently asked questions