Sticky Miso Chicken with soba noodles
Time: 25 minutes
Watch The Morning Show on Channel 7 and stream it for free on 7plus >>
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp miso paste
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1 knob ginger, grated
4x chicken thighs
1x pack of soba noodles
4x shallots, thinly sliced
1x lime quartered
Red chilli, sliced (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl add the honey, soy, miso, sesame seed oil and mix until well combined. Add the chicken and mix until well combined. Allow to marinade.
2. Thread one piece of chicken onto two skewers. Place a frypan on a medium heat and cook the chicken is brown and golden on both sides. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the pan and add ¼ cup of water to deglaze the pan. Turn off the heat.
3. Prepare the noodles as per the packet instructions and top with the shallots, lime, chilli and chicken. Dress the noodles with the deglazed pan juices.
Quick Thai Beef Salad
Time: 15 minutes + marinade time
Beef 8x pieces of sizzle steak
Salt and pepper
Salad: 1 large carrot, julienned 200g vermicelli rice noodles, cooked 2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch coriander 1 lime, quartered Dressing: 2 Tbls fish sauce ¼ cup lime juice
2 tsp caster sugar
1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
1 chopped chilli
- Place a griddle pan on a high heat. Once the pan is hot and smoking quickly cook the steak and season generously. Cooking should only take 30 seconds each side
- On a large tray, place the cooked noodles, carrot, spring onion, herbs onto a serving tray
- In a jar, add the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, oil and chilli. Shake until the sugar is desolved.
- Place the cooked meat on the tray and top with the dressing