Smiley face
Weather     Live Markets

The 80/20 rule, popularized by organizing experts Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin, emphasizes keeping your space 80% full and leaving 20% empty for a sense of visual relief and flexibility. This rule applies to all areas of the home, including closets, pantries, and rooms, and can bring both peace and relief to your home and mind. By following this rule, you can maintain order and prevent clutter from piling up, while allowing new objects to enter your home without causing chaos.

The key to successfully implementing the 80/20 rule is to never let your spaces get too full. By leaving room for empty space, you can create a sense of balance and prevent stress and overwhelm. This concept is similar to the Japanese principle of hara hachi bu, which advocates for never filling your stomach more than 80% to promote healthy digestion and well-being. Applying this idea to your home organization can lead to a more peaceful and harmonious living environment.

One of the benefits of the 80/20 rule is that it helps you avoid the stress of not being able to find things. By categorizing and organizing your belongings using containers and labels, you can easily locate what you need and maintain a sense of order in your home. This method not only reduces clutter but also promotes a sense of mental clarity and well-being, as you know where everything is and can easily access it as needed.

The 80/20 rule can be applied to various aspects of your life, not just home organization. By leaving space for flexibility and unexpected events, you can practice self-care and reduce stress and anxiety. Just as you would leave room in your stomach for pleasurable indulgences, leaving space in your home allows for spontaneous additions and changes without disrupting your system. This rule can be a game-changer in promoting a sense of calm and control in your living space.

Incorporating the 80/20 rule into your organizing routine can lead to lasting benefits in terms of both physical and mental well-being. By maintaining a balance of filled and empty spaces, you can create a sense of harmony and tranquility in your home. By following the advice of experts like Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin, you can learn how to apply this rule to different areas of your home and life, ensuring a more organized and stress-free environment overall.

Share.
© 2024 Globe Echo. All Rights Reserved.